Write a blog entry on task-facilitating and relationship-building roles. In your blog, reflect upon your understanding of how these roles enhance team performance.
- Consider how you generally relate as a team-member.
- Do you actively engage your team to accomplish its mission?
- Do you work to improve the team cohesion and collaboration?
As I have had more experiences working with teams, I am able to see so many positives changes. So, I will discuss the way I used to relate as a team-member verses the way I presently relate as a team-member. While I am a fan of collaboration, there were some parts of teamwork that I did not like. Because I had my own insecurities, I really didn't like sharing my ideas. However, because I was also prideful, I preferred working alone because I did not trust others. It was crazy. My resistance to teamwork had less to do with others' issues and more to do with my own. Therefore, the best thing that could have ever happened to me, happened. Approximately two years ago, I was asked to be a part of ERAU's Training Employee Council (TEC). I was excited to join but I really didn't know what to expect. For a person who was pretty closed off, I was faced with many challenges; my biggest challenges were trusting people and letting people really see me. Though "letting people in" was challenging, it changed my life and it changed the way I viewed teams. Because of my positive experiences with the TEC, I no longer fear the transparency that working with others requires.
Since I am no longer hiding, I am able to actively engage my team so that we can accomplish the mission of the University. What I love about my team is that we understand what is required of us and we do what must be done. No one wants to see another member fall because we understand that if one falls, we all fall. It brings me a lot of joy knowing that others are cheering me on...I do the same for them. We are not a perfect team by any means, but we communicate well, we trust one another, and we support one another; it's a great marriage! Because of the positive changes I have made, I consistently work to improve our cohesion and collaboration. I care about each person, I try to listen, even when I don't agree, and I give honest feedback; each one of my teammates seeks to respond the same way.
No comments:
Post a Comment